Sunday, May 25, 2008

Updates, Updates, Read All About It! :-)

Had the finals in our District track meet today. Our team placed second (District Runner-Up!) out of 18 teams. We (members of my team) broke three school records: 100m hurdles, 4x200m relay, and 4x400m relay! All four of our relays advanced to the Regional meet, as well as a discus thrower, 100m hurdler, 400m sprinter, 3200m runner, and two high jumpers. After comparing results from the other three districts that qualify into our regional, we are sitting pretty.

I'm excited that I get to work in "Big Kidz Zone" tomorrow, but really, REALLY bummed that I'm going to miss the third and final sermon by Pastor K on "Gunslingers." :( On top of that, I can't stay for the carry-in b/c we have graduation at the school where I teach and then I've got at least seven grad parties to attend. (Or at least make an appearance.)

Memorial Day is Monday! Give thanks for those in the military that have given the ultimate sacrifice for our country and thank those that have or are still serving to protect us, our country, and our liberties and freedoms.

Invited the neighbors over and had a small fire and roasted marshmallows and made s'mores tonight. Then watched "National Treasure II: Book of Secrets" with the misses. It was really good, but not as good as the first one. I'd recommend it!

1 comment:

Kris Sorensen said...

S'mores rock! If you ever see the "glow" coming from the Sorensen household - just come on over.