Saturday, May 17, 2008

News ~ Both Kinds

On the previous post I wrote about my struggle with mortality and uncertainty, plus the shaming questions I sometimes ask. I've been thinking about what I was trying to describe and then it struck, the light bulb came on, and I had it. I panicked! I'm usually very calm and cool under pressure but the feelings I experienced while wondering about death and my beliefs about God and Heaven caused anxiety. This will be a long process, maybe as long as my earthly existence, as I search my head, heart, and soul for answers. I know that the Bible is the first place I should start looking for answers. Thanks to those who shared scripture or chimed in to let me know that I'm not alone and that they can relate.

Whoa, lightning! Hope my surge protector is working properly. May have to log off and finish this later. It's starting to lightning more frequently.

Big "C" had try-outs for baseball yesterday evening. He did great and I'm very proud of him!!! We already know who's team he'll be on. Went to the drive-in at Winchester and saw a movie afterward. Little "C" fell asleep an hour into it.

We had our conference track & field finals today. (The prelims and some of the finals were on Thursday, in the rain.) We had very good weather today, but it could have been less windy. Oh, well. The girls team that I coach scored 192 points and we had conference champions in nine of the seventeen events. So, yes, we won for the third year in a row! District meet this next week and then it will only be those that place in the top four and qualify on to the Regional meet.

In-laws watched the boys this evening so me and the misses could go on a "date." Ate supper at Red Lobster, shopped at Lowe's and Wal-Mart, then had dessert at Baskin Robbins. (Three scoops!!!) Very nice! :-)

Really looking forward to Pastor K's second sermon on "Gunslingers!" And yes, Kris, I generally do take copious notes during sermons at church. ;)

Graduation is next Sunday and I've been invited to lots of graduation parties. Going to go to some but not sure how many I'll actually be able to make it to.

I know I've been tagged. I'll answer the questions next time I post.

"I CAN do ALL things through Him who gives me strength." ~ Philippians 4:13

1 comment:

Shelby-Grace said...

Congrats on your conference win! 3times in a row...I think you must be doing some great things with your girls team! Hopefully the weather will be better next week. When we would have meets I remember thinking I can handle the rain or whatever, but please no wind! It is a killer sometimes. Hope things go just as well next week for your team!