Sunday, May 4, 2008

Truth and Conviction

Pastor Pink gave an awesome sermon today that really touched me and, at the same time, hit home because it's so true. It was about "praising the Lord" (Hallelu Yah!), not just in church while worshipping, but all the time. We praise so much else, but don't praise God all the time like we should. The part that really nailed me was that if we don't praise God in front of our children, they won't pick that action/trait up from us and continue it. I agree with Pink's "scientific study" that kids generally think it's no longer cool to praise the Lord and talk about God in public or around their friends once they reach about ten years of age. I was singing a song by Chris Tomlin this evening and Big "C" told me that I should st0p/quit because we weren't in church. I talked with him about Pastor P's message and told him that I need to do a better job of praising God at home. (I was thinking to myself: where he can witness me doing it.) Then I stuck a Chris Tomlin CD into the player and we sang and danced around the house together. Big "C" even recognized one of the songs! This is only the beginning, however, and I know that I can't let this slide because it's only a few years before the boys won't think anything I do is cool anymore. Hopefully our talks and my example, plus continued prayer and the Lord touching their lives, will be enough for them to make the right decisions when they get out on their own!

"All God's people sang, 'Glory, Glory, Hallelujah, He reigns, He reigns!'" (Adoni!)

1 comment:

Kris Sorensen said...

Great post! That is a perfect way to apply the message. :-)