Monday, May 5, 2008

Through Sacrifice Comes Triumph

Just took a look at Ronn Oren's blog. (He's Pastor Kris' brother-in-law.) At the bottom of his page he has a video from GodTube called "Transformation Live!" This video is about a father and son team that races together, including triathlons. (You know, "swim, bike, run.") The son is severely physically handicapped yet encourages his dad and acts as his cheerleader and inspiration during races. I've seen stories in "Runner's World" about the duo, yet this video really touched me and I began to cry while watching it. As a runner that has done several marathons as well as a few sprint triathlons, I can empathize with the pain and struggle that the father is going through. At the same time, I can't imagine what the stress and agony must be like to pull/carry/push another being during that type of race. Sure, the dad trains for it, but to compete at that level of intensity is truly amazing! I push my youngest son in a jogging stroller sometimes and that can get exhausting, even when you do it often enough to get used to it. To push a grown man would take a tremendous effort. God has certainly blessed this father with the strength and compassion to share his adventures with his son. The sense of accomplishment and camaraderie that they share is very heartwarming. (I posted the video on the bottom of my blog. Check it out!)

"We stand and lift up our hands, for the joy of the Lord is our strength. We bow down and worship Him now, "How great? How awesome is He?" - Chris Tomlin (Holy is the Lord)

1 comment:

Pink is God's said...

Holy is the Lord indeed!