Thursday, June 4, 2009

The END!

Tomorrow (Fri., 6/5/09) is the first day of the State track meet in Ohio at the Jesse Owens Memorial Track & Field Stadium at the Ohio State University AND my last day as a track & field coach. This season has had a LOT of ups and downs and I've done a lot of reminiscing and a little tear shedding. It's been a wonderful, sometimes trying, but ultimately worthwhile endeavor to develop ability in and teach life lessons to the many athletes that I've coached. Someday,...well, someday I may get back into coaching T & F, but after tomorrow I'm on sabbatical. Our boys coach told me that he gives me three, four years tops before I'm back at it. Only God knows for sure. I'm confident that Ariel will do well in the high jump. She placed 8th at State last year and her focus and effort have been excellent these past few weeks.
~ On a little different note: cross-country practice begins in just over two months! :P And my first race of the summer is in just over two weeks!! :]

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." - 2 Timothy 4:7
"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." - Colossians 3:17
"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." - 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

2 comments:

Kris Sorensen said...

I'm sure the students and other coaches will miss you; but a break is not a bad thing. Enjoy your sabbatical.

Tonya said...

I'm sure you'll be back at it in the future but I know they will be missing a great coach!