Sunday, March 29, 2009

First Of The Last

Despite what my wife thinks, this is my 17th, and last, season to coach track & field (at least for awhile.) Yesterday we had our first meet of the season, an invitational at Versailles against some of the best DIII teams in the state. We ended up 4th out of the eight teams in our division, which isn't bad, but the overall picture is less than inspiring. True, we knew we'd lost a lot of talent through graduation last year, but the overall performance of our team was disheartening. ~Now that I've got that out of my system, it's time to get back to an optimistic, perhaps unrealistic, perspective of things and continue to work toward improvement. The conference meet is a month-and-a-half away yet and we've got plenty to work on. Tomorrow, for example, we have another meet but part of my team will be missing. Improvisation 101!!! Run Happy! :]

No comments: