Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Updates, Down Dates, Diagonal Dates

Summer, or at least the stay at home and not have to go to school type of summer, is coming to a close. Melissa started back to work after nine years as a stay-at-home mom. Conner is in 3rd grade and Carter started kindergarten (with some anxiety.) I had my first cross-country meet of the season yesterday and, well, let's just say there's lots of room for improvement. I start back to school this Friday (teacher's first day) but don't have students until next Tues. (9/1). I think our family can officially be classified as "Hoosiers" because we now have a basketball goal in our drive. (Well, the base anyway until tomorrow.) Pastor Kris, Tammy, and Shelby stopped by while out for a walk this evening and PK took part in a swashbuckling sword fight with the boys. Shelby came to his rescue after he took a couple of viscious hits.

What did you do this summer? We had several adventures and jaunts: Indy Children's Museum, Drive-in, water park, Bear Creek Farms, Disney World & Downtown Disney, the beach (in Florida), flew to FL, went bowling (several times), went fishing, vacation Bible school, Cub Scout day camp, putt-putting (I didn't get to go), Parker Fair, "Great" Darke County Fair (OH), bike rides, swimming (a few times). No surprise to anyone, I'm sure, that I ran a lot this summer and did two triathlons (canoe, run, bike).

1 comment:

Kris Sorensen said...

I had no idea we had such skillful swordsmen just a few blocks away =)